Date Last Revised: November 23, 2012
- Your Privacy is not for sale
- We limit the collection and use of personal information
- Changes to your Registration Information
- Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience
- Third parties offering other products or services will not be given your personal information without your permission
- Use of Blogs and other Forums on GreenPSF
- Contests, Giveaways and Surveys
- Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law
- Your data may be transferred upon change of control but only in accordance with this Policy
- You can transport or delete your data
- Email communications from us
- Your data is secure and only seen by you
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login ID and Password
- We post updates on our website whenever there is a change to our Privacy and Security Policy
- Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
- 1. Your Privacy is not for sale
- Simply put, we do not and will not sell or rent you information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. GPP uses and discloses your information only as follows:
- to analyze site usage and improve the Service;
- to deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
- for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- to third-party contractors that provide services to GPP and are bound by these same privacy restrictions;
- as otherwise set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy.
In the event that you access the Service as brought to you by one of our co-brand partners, through a co-branded URL, your email address used for registration on the Service may be provided to that co-brand partner.
- 2. We limit the collection and use of personal information
- Certain areas and features of GreenPSF are available to you without registration or the need to provide to us any information. However, other features of the Site or the Service may require registration, which involves provision to GPP of an email address, a username, a password and other contact information to participate (collectively the “Registration Information”). In order to benefit from the full functionality of the Service, you may also provide your property and operating data as well as utility account credentials (“Account Credentials”) to allow GPP to access your data at energy suppliers (“Account Information”) for your use.From time to time we may request other information to provide you with other benefits of the Service. In such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or to decline to provide that information. GPP may make anonymous or aggregate personal information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes
- Organizations approved by GPP that conduct research into energy and resource consumption and management; and
- Users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their energy consumption relative to the broader community.
Such information does not identify your business or property. Access to your Registration Information, Account Credentials, Account Information and any other personal information you provide is used in accordance with specific internal procedures in order to operate, develop or improve the Service. We may also use third party vendors or service providers to help us provide the Service to you. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information and prohibit them from using any of your personal information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they’re providing. We require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
- 3. Changes to your Registration Information
- If your Registration Information changes during your subscription to GPP, you may update it any time via the Service.
- 4. Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience
- When you visit GreenPSF, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Web design and functionality.“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. GPP may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. GPP may gather information about you through cookie technology. For example, GPP may assign a cookie to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular GPP Offer or to help better determine which GPP Offers to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to eliminate cookies, the full functionality of the Service may be impaired for you.Web beacons are images embedded in a Web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity. GPP, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage and improve the Service.
- 5. Third parties offering other products or services will not be given your personal information without your permission
- 6. Blogs and other Forums on GreenPSF
- If you use a bulletin board, blog or chat room on our Site, you should be aware that any information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. These forums may be hosted by GPP or by one of our third party service providers on GPP’s behalf.
- 7. Contests, Giveaways and Surveys
- From time to time, GPP may offer you the opportunity to participate in promotions. Any information submitted in connection with such activities will be treated in accordance with this Privacy and Security Policy, except as specifically set forth in the promotions. From time to time, GPP may also ask you to participate in surveys designed to help GPP improve the Site. Any personal information provided to GPP in connection with any survey will be used only in relation to that survey and as elsewhere set forth in this Policy.
- 8. Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, GPP reserves the right (and you authorize GPP) to share or disclose your personal information when GPP determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- When required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
- 9. Your data may be transferred upon change of control but only in accordance with this Policy
- Personal information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change of control. If we sell, merge or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your personal information. If so, you will be asked if you’d like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.
- 10. You can transport or delete your data
- Your data is yours. You can remove it anytime you want. When you request us to delete your account for the Service, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. We will also promptly disconnect any connection we had established to your Account Information and delete all account credentials. However, portions of your data, consisting of aggregate data derived from your Account Information, may remain on our production servers indefinitely. Your data may also remain on a backup server or media. GPP keeps these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the Service to you in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary production servers. We also reserve the right to use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your personal information.
- 11. Email communications from us
- We provide our registered customers with periodic summaries of their Account Information and email alerts. We also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting GPP or third-party goods or services.GreenPSF subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
- 12. Your data is secure
- We use a combination of encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect GreenPSF accounts from unauthorized access.When you register for the Service, GPP requires a password from you for your privacy and security.Our servers are in a secure facility. Access requires multiple levels of authentication, and security personnel monitor the system 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
However, it is important to understand that these precautions apply only to our Site and systems. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
- 13. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login ID and Password
- 14. We post updates on our website whenever there is a change to our Privacy and Security Policy
- We update this Privacy & Security Policy periodically. The date last revised appears at the top of the Policy. Changes take effect immediately upon posting.
- 15. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
- If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Privacy and Security Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an email to email@example.com.
GreenPoint Partners, LLC
222 W. Ontario, Suite 520
Chicago, IL 60654